Sailor V

Mikan

MGF Member
This is a thread for Sailor V and if anyone has read the manga, we can talk about it here. To be honest, it would be amazing if Sailor V got an anime series just like it was originally supposed to back in the 90s.

Loco del Lápiz

MGF Member
I started reading the first volume of Codename: Sailor V and it feels like Sailor Moon, but more contained and, somehow, pretty fresh. I'd even say I like Naoko Takeuchi's early artwork in this manga even more than in Sailor Moon, but I'll wait until I've read both mangas to form an opinion.
Still, one thing I've seen is that some minor characters in Sailor Moon do appear in this manga, and they seem to have more "screentime" (or panel-time... dunno how to say it!). Maybe Takeuchi planned on making them prevalent characters before creating the whole Sailor Scouts team?

As for a potential anime adaptation, didn't they already cover part of Sailor Venus' origin in the 90's anime?

OP
OP
Mikan

Mikan

MGF Member
I started reading the first volume of Codename: Sailor V and it feels like Sailor Moon, but more contained and, somehow, pretty fresh. I'd even say I like Naoko Takeuchi's early artwork in this manga even more than in Sailor Moon, but I'll wait until I've read both mangas to form an opinion.
Still, one thing I've seen is that some minor characters in Sailor Moon do appear in this manga, and they seem to have more "screentime" (or panel-time... dunno how to say it!). Maybe Takeuchi planned on making them prevalent characters before creating the whole Sailor Scouts team?

As for a potential anime adaptation, didn't they already cover part of Sailor Venus' origin in the 90's anime?

I agree that the Sailor V manga does have more development than the Sailor Moon manga and I would have love to see the minor characters getting more screentime too so that the readers could know more about them. Yeah the 90s Sailor Moon anime did talked about Sailor V's origin in episode 42, but it would be amazing to see her entire story from the manga being shown in anime form since Sailor V's series is very interesting and it would give Sailor V the attention that she deserves as well.

MaritLage

MGF Member
Yu know , i·ve been thinking about the Loha myths , the characters , our relations to the musical scale , which of us are pentatonic , which of us work together in perfect fifths . Our relations to the planets in the Solar System , and characters that are analogues of us and our stories . Naoko Takauchi , the woman who penned Sailor Moon , was HcoSaNa . Hosanna in the highest .

Loha myth has multiple species , species which the ancient Egyptians of the Pharaonic age left medallions of . Igigi , Coeurl , Cephalid , Angel , and finally Human . As well as plants like Cannabis , Artemesia , Willow , Cedar , Oak , and Birch .

In Loha myth , that is , Scandinavian Mystic Language official cultural myth , Ki and Lo are both cephalids . They have a long history of fighting over who is the fairest . So if yu didn·t know which of them is Sailor Moon , at first glance yu might be forgiven . Ki , being the second numeral , corresponds to Venus , and in Sailor Moon when Sailor V arrives she causes quite a stir . With both of them being Sailor Senchi with long blonde hair , and their own magical talking cat , if yr only exposure to Mahou Shoujo was bar tales of the broken-hearted yu might think there was just one girl with a talking cat going around beating up bad guys in the name of the Moon .

#LoHa #DihTech #ÐHTK OK
#AdeptasSororitas #AaHtDe
#KatieKingfisher

OP
OP
Mikan

Mikan

MGF Member
Are you talking about a crossover between Sailor V/Sailor Moon and another series?

MaritLage

MGF Member
I·m talking about similarities between contemporary media and a parallel set of stories that come from a completely different source yet line up at every point .