Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sailor V

Mikan

MGF Member
This is a thread for Sailor V and if anyone has read the manga, we can talk about it here. To be honest, it would be amazing if Sailor V got an anime series just like it was originally supposed to back in the 90s.

Loco del Lápiz

MGF Member
I started reading the first volume of Codename: Sailor V and it feels like Sailor Moon, but more contained and, somehow, pretty fresh. I'd even say I like Naoko Takeuchi's early artwork in this manga even more than in Sailor Moon, but I'll wait until I've read both mangas to form an opinion.
Still, one thing I've seen is that some minor characters in Sailor Moon do appear in this manga, and they seem to have more "screentime" (or panel-time... dunno how to say it!). Maybe Takeuchi planned on making them prevalent characters before creating the whole Sailor Scouts team?

As for a potential anime adaptation, didn't they already cover part of Sailor Venus' origin in the 90's anime?

Mikan

MGF Member
I started reading the first volume of Codename: Sailor V and it feels like Sailor Moon, but more contained and, somehow, pretty fresh. I'd even say I like Naoko Takeuchi's early artwork in this manga even more than in Sailor Moon, but I'll wait until I've read both mangas to form an opinion.
Still, one thing I've seen is that some minor characters in Sailor Moon do appear in this manga, and they seem to have more "screentime" (or panel-time... dunno how to say it!). Maybe Takeuchi planned on making them prevalent characters before creating the whole Sailor Scouts team?

As for a potential anime adaptation, didn't they already cover part of Sailor Venus' origin in the 90's anime?
I agree that the Sailor V manga does have more development than the Sailor Moon manga and I would have love to see the minor characters getting more screentime too so that the readers could know more about them. Yeah the 90s Sailor Moon anime did talked about Sailor V's origin in episode 42, but it would be amazing to see her entire story from the manga being shown in anime form since Sailor V's series is very interesting and it would give Sailor V the attention that she deserves as well.

Top Bottom