Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What's your favourite MANGA?

Reactions
Credits
We all love manga here, right? I personally love reading them, getting lost into the panels and experience a great story...
So, let's talk about it here: what is/are your favourite manga? Do you have favourite authors? Are they even japanese in the first place?

• I love all of the Madoka Magica manga adaptations, but I specially like the Different Story series. A great take on an alternate story about Mami and Kyouko, with great panels drawn by Hanokage.
  • Yumekui Merry, by Yoshitaka Ushiki. Action-packed series about a dream-demon-girl? and a dream-aura-looking boy fighting nightmares. Simple story, but has a special place in my heart for being the first manga I ever read online!
  • Also, Yotsuba&!, by Kiyohiko Azuma is a great example of children comedy done right. Cute and simple, but yet entertaining as heck.
  • FullMetal Alchemist, by Hiromu Arakawa. A modern classic. A shonen masterpiece. Period.
  • I'll mention a web-manga that is not actually written or drawn by japanese authors, but I still find amazing by its own merits (specially the art style, IT'S BRILLIANT!): Devil's Candy, by Clint Bikham and (the great) Priscilla Hamby.
  • More cuteness, but with a horror vibe: Kuro, by Somato. A web-manga about an adorable girl called Coco and her mysterious cat, Kuro. And it's mostly coloured!
  • From France, Radiant comes, written and drawn by Tony Valente: a shonen story with a vibrant world, incredibly charismatic characters and cool-looking, clean and satisfactory fight scenes.
So that's enough, I think... I would go on, mentioning also mangakas from different parts of the world, and mangas that I like mostly for the artwork... but you might be bored already, so please, share your opinions on the wonderful medium that manga is!

Last edited:

Mikan

Reactions
Credits
Here is a list of my favorite Manga series:

• Sailor V and Sailor Moon by. Naoko Takeuchi.

• Wedding Peach by. Nao Yazawa.

• Fushigi Yuugi by. Yuu Watase.

• Ultra Maniac by. Wataru Yoshizumi.

• Kimi ni Todoke by. Karuho Shiina.

I have a lot of favorite Manga series, but I don't think I can write all of them on here since there's too many of them. Sorry for not being able to provide a description for why these Manga series are my favorites because I'm really not that good at writing descriptions.

Reactions
Credits
Pure and classic shoujo. Great choices!
Don't worry about descriptions, I just like writing... and extending my posts too much! Sorry!

Mikan

Reactions
Credits
Yeah I really love reading Shoujo manga series and oh okay that's alright.

Reactions
Credits
I have to agree with you on Madoka Magica. Everything fit so perfectly with my taste. However, my favourite segment is Rebellion.
Rozen Maiden. The artstyle is amazing and it is one of the things that really brought me into liking anime and manga and dolls. It's about a shut-in kid who signs a paper and suddenly receives a doll that verbally abuses him is in the midst of a battle between six other dolls, and forces him to become her medium or else he will die.
+Anima, Card Captor Sakura and Magical x Miracle are also old favourites. However, I never read past season one of Sakura, and the other two only have 5-10 volumes.
Angel Beats! - Heaven's Door is amusing. I haven't read it for too long, so I will go do that when I am finished this post.
Then there's the more recent Komi-san Wa Komyushou Desu and Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai, filled with rich entertainment.
I searched images of Devil's Candy, and it looks cute, so I'll probably check it out later. I'll also be mentioning a web-comic: Rain is upbeat and fun, but there's a dark twist of harsh reality that only grows the further you read, The best part is, the writer experienced similar issues, and there's a lot of facts in there.
There are a few more, but I cannot recall their names right now. I can read and re-read these over and over again, and they never cease to amuse me, which is rare considering how quickly I get bored of repetition.