1. Hello Guest

The Forum will be upgraded to XenForo 2, starting November 1st, 2018, more info.

What's your favourite MANGA?

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga' started by Loco del Lápiz, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Loco del Lápiz

Loco del Lápiz New Member

We all love manga here, right? I personally love reading them, getting lost into the panels and experience a great story...
    So, let's talk about it here: what is/are your favourite manga? Do you have favourite authors? Are they even japanese in the first place?

• I love all of the Madoka Magica manga adaptations, but I specially like the Different Story series. A great take on an alternate story about Mami and Kyouko, with great panels drawn by Hanokage.
    • Yumekui Merry, by Yoshitaka Ushiki. Action-packed series about a dream-demon-girl? and a dream-aura-looking boy fighting nightmares. Simple story, but has a special place in my heart for being the first manga I ever read online!
    • Also, Yotsuba&!, by Kiyohiko Azuma is a great example of children comedy done right. Cute and simple, but yet entertaining as heck.
    • FullMetal Alchemist, by Hiromu Arakawa. A modern classic. A shonen masterpiece. Period.
    • I'll mention a web-manga that is not actually written or drawn by japanese authors, but I still find amazing by its own merits (specially the art style, IT'S BRILLIANT!): Devil's Candy, by Clint Bikham and (the great) Priscilla Hamby.
    • More cuteness, but with a horror vibe: Kuro, by Somato. A web-manga about an adorable girl called Coco and her mysterious cat, Kuro. And it's mostly coloured!
    • From France, Radiant comes, written and drawn by Tony Valente: a shonen story with a vibrant world, incredibly charismatic characters and cool-looking, clean and satisfactory fight scenes.
    So that's enough, I think... I would go on, mentioning also mangakas from different parts of the world, and mangas that I like mostly for the artwork... but you might be bored already, so please, share your opinions on the wonderful medium that manga is!

#1 Loco del Lápiz, Aug 5, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
  2. Mikan

Mikan New Member

Here is a list of my favorite Manga series:

• Sailor V and Sailor Moon by. Naoko Takeuchi.

• Wedding Peach by. Nao Yazawa.

• Fushigi Yuugi by. Yuu Watase.

• Ultra Maniac by. Wataru Yoshizumi.

• Kimi ni Todoke by. Karuho Shiina.

I have a lot of favorite Manga series, but I don't think I can write all of them on here since there's too many of them. Sorry for not being able to provide a description for why these Manga series are my favorites because I'm really not that good at writing descriptions.

Loco del Lápiz likes this.
  3. Loco del Lápiz

Loco del Lápiz New Member

Pure and classic shoujo. Great choices!
    Don't worry about descriptions, I just like writing... and extending my posts too much! Sorry!

Mikan likes this.
  4. Mikan

Mikan New Member

Yeah I really love reading Shoujo manga series and oh okay that's alright.