Favorite Magical Girl Battle?

WhiteDragonAura

MGF Member
I'm sorry, I don't think I saw a discussion thread for this so feel free to delete it if there's one. :)

What's everyone's favorite battle scene in a magical girl anime?

I'd say I'm really fond of the first Sailor Moon battle at the end of season one - Princess Serenity vs. Queen Beryl. I think everything about that battle, from the imagery to the music used, is simply iconic.

Loco del Lápiz

MGF Member
I... I think we don't have any thread like this... which makes little sense, since it makes for a great discussion!

I'll have to check all the battles featuring mahou shoujos, since right now, I couldn't tell. Although I can say the most intense battles I've seen came from the Precure franchise. I love the fact that they fight like... errrr... like actual fighters... you know... punching and kicking... I dunno why, but I enjoy those fight scenes a lot, specially when they are fighting a major villain. Feels like a shounen anime starring magical girls, how cool is that?!

OP
OP
WhiteDragonAura

WhiteDragonAura

MGF Member
Oh yeah, that's a good point! PreCure seems to be the only magical girl show that uses hand-to-hand combat for battles. Probably just one of the reasons why the PreCure franchise remains so popular. :D

Loco del Lápiz

MGF Member
I mean, we have all seen how Magical Girls fight using spells and such, and making cute poses and everything that the genre was known for, but something like THIS?! (Click on it to enjoy the coolest gif on the internet)

Watching that... makes me feel like a child again. Cute and badass female characters with such well design costumes fighting intimidating-looking villains superhero style.
I FRIGGIN' LOVE it. Period.

Last edited:

Mikan

MGF Member
My favorite Magical Girl battle is the Sailor Moon vs. Sailor Galaxia battle in the final episode of the 90s Sailor Moon anime since it's very amazing and intense.

OP
OP
WhiteDragonAura

WhiteDragonAura

MGF Member
I mean, we have all seen how Magical Girls fight using spells and such, and making cute poses and everything that the genre was known for, but something like THIS?! (Click on it to enjoy the coolest gif on the internet)

Watching that... makes me feel like a child again. Cute and badass female characters with such well design costumes fighting intimidating-looking villains superhero style.
I FRIGGIN' LOVE it. Period.

I feel that. Gosh dang that's an epic gif of Cure Black kicking butt. :D

My favorite Magical Girl battle is the Sailor Moon vs. Sailor Galaxia battle in the final episode of the 90s Sailor Moon anime since it's very amazing and intense.

For all my boasting as a Sailor Moon fan, I've yet to catch up with Stars. I've seen images and read things about the infamous final battle but I guess that really doesn't compare to actually seeing it with your own eyes. :D

aiyan

MGF Member
If it is for Magical Girl Battle, I'd say, I'll go for Pretty Cure. I'm a fan of Pretty Cure, but I watch Sailor Moon too! You can tell by my avatar that my favorite character in Sailor Moon is Sailor Jupiter.

Mikan

MGF Member
I feel that. Gosh dang that's an epic gif of Cure Black kicking butt. :D

For all my boasting as a Sailor Moon fan, I've yet to catch up with Stars. I've seen images and read things about the infamous final battle but I guess that really doesn't compare to actually seeing it with your own eyes. :D

Oh okay and yeah you have to see the entire episode when you get to the Stars arc because the final battle is awesome.

Last edited: