Magical Girls beyond Japan!

aiyan

MGF Member
I love W.I.T.C.H too. I used to collect all the magz but I wasn't able to complete the entire volume. I also had the special edition (I forgot the title where the story circles to Cornelia and Caleb) I also have the collection items such as CD's (Volume 1 & 2 only), the wristband thing-y (I forgot the name, the Heart of Kandrakar necklace, sticker book, and bandana. The bad news is, some of my magz collection got eaten by termites, and I'm missing the wristband and the necklace. Man! I wonder where those things went??? (I made a mistake so I need to edit it.)
IMG_20200119_002248.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Loco del Lápiz

Loco del Lápiz

MGF Member
Ugh... termites. Hope they didn't also took away the items you haven't been able to find!
So, I've read that it's hard to get all the magazines outside of Italy, so makes sense that you couldn't get all of them.

aiyan

MGF Member
Ugh... termites. Hope they didn't also took away the items you haven't been able to find!
So, I've read that it's hard to get all the magazines outside of Italy, so makes sense that you couldn't get all of them
Yeah! Those are rare items and can't be found anywhere.
There's a branch here in the Philippines where some of the members of the magz are Filipinos. Lucky I was able to get those...

OP
OP
Loco del Lápiz

Loco del Lápiz

MGF Member
Huh, interesting. I think here in Spain they are impossible to find, unless you consider second-hand buying.
You do have a treasure then!

Nika

MGF Member
I watched the animated show. And I don't really know what Balala Fairies is about... Guess I'll find out when I'll be watching it...

aiyan

MGF Member
Huh, interesting. I think here in Spain they are impossible to find, unless you consider second-hand buying.
You do have a treasure then!
Yeah!
uhm... the "huh" expression, are you wondering with what I have said? Did I say something wrong again? Or maybe that's your response. I'm not that really good in English... ?

aiyan

MGF Member
I watched the animated show. And I don't really know what Balala Fairies is about... Guess I'll find out when I'll be watching it...
I watch the W.I.T.C.H too on Disney Channel. Balala Fairies is a Chinese Magical Girl series. Some people mistaken the show as Japanese Animation, and they thought it's the next season after the Kira Kira Precure ala Mode.

Mikan

MGF Member
There's also a South Korean Magical Girl series called Flowering Heart that looks like both Pretty Cure and Balala the Fairies. This series actually has an English dub and all of the episodes are on YouTube.

Nika

MGF Member
O
There's also a South Korean Magical Girl series called Flowering Heart that looks like both Pretty Cure and Balala the Fairies. This series actually has an English dub and all of the episodes are on YouTube.
Oh! Then I must check that out!

OP
OP
Loco del Lápiz

Loco del Lápiz

MGF Member
@aiyan Oh, don't you worry! The "huh" expression was just me writing interjections as I was speaking. Same as "oh" or "hehehe", you know?

@Mikan I do remember having seen Flowering Heart on my YouTube recommendations... Haven't seen any episode, but hey, I can say I know what you're talking about.

No idea about Balala Fairies though.

Mikan

MGF Member
@aiyan Oh, don't you worry! The "huh" expression was just me writing interjections as I was speaking. Same as "oh" or "hehehe", you know?

@Mikan I do remember having seen Flowering Heart on my YouTube recommendations... Haven't seen any episode, but hey, I can say I know what you're talking about.

No idea about Balala Fairies though.

Yeah same here and the series is really good actually, plus the designs of the series are beautiful too.

Mikan

MGF Member
I know another Western Magical Girl series that was made back in the 90s, but it's very underrated and not that well known. It's called Tenko and the Guardians of the Magic. I really like this series, but it's sad that it only has 1 season though.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Loco del Lápiz

Loco del Lápiz

MGF Member
Oh my... Tenko seems so 80's! You know, like these american animated shows promoting toys and stuff. Sweet 80's and 90's , great times for animation!

Mikan

MGF Member
Oh my... Tenko seems so 80's! You know, like these american animated shows promoting toys and stuff. Sweet 80's and 90's , great times for animation!

Yeah it is true that the show does have the 80s animation style and I agree that those two decades were the best times for animation. I started watching the series and it's very amazing, but it's so hard finding some of the episodes since they're no where to be found.

Mikan

MGF Member
Seems like a really obscure series. No wonder why it might be hard to find... but don't give up!

Yeah I agree and I know that it's only two episodes that are missing. Thank you for the encouragement and I will keep trying to find those missing episodes so that I can finish watching the series!

Juliko

Newbie Member
This isn't a show, but I want to ask: Has anyone ever read Sleepless Domain? It's a webcomic that's been going on for a couple years, written/drawn by Mary Cagle and is currently ongoing. You can read it here on the main site, and it's about a group of magical girls living in an isolated city, where magical girls are tasked to fight monsters that come into town at night, when their barrier comes down. But tragedy strikes the main group, and the survivors have to find some way to both cope with the loss and find out why the tragedy happened. Don't worry, it's not grimdark or edgy or anything (Looking at you, Magical Girl Site). It does have some elements similar to Madoka, but having read the entire thing so far, it's actually very good and still has a hopeful undertone. I think a better word to describe the series would be...serious. But I highly recommend it!

OP
OP
Loco del Lápiz

Loco del Lápiz

MGF Member
That's a great example! I have yet to read it, but now you've claimed that it's not an edgy story, I'll check the comic out knowing that I might actually like it!

And sure, it's not a show (although the artwork makes me feel like a TV show would look gorgeous if it captured the art style properly) but we've also mentioned other media, such as comics.