Magical girl watcher and writer says 'lo!

Lilith Fairen

Newbie Member
'Lo! I'm Lily. Proud Canadian (sorry), happily married to a lovely wife. Watched the classics of the genre when I was younger, and I've recently started getting into Pretty Cure—went through the Futari Wa seasons already, now partway through Kirakira. (Would be further, but hooray neophobia.)

I've also been writing for nearly a decade now, and I've started writing original magical girl stories. I'm planning to release the first of a planned series on Wattpad at the beginning of January. The Glints Saga aims to tell stories of magical heroines to an older audience, playing with the traditional tropes and formulas of the genre while retaining the positive and empowering themes and vibes of the genre's classics. The first book is Papillon, telling the story of a magical girl who fought a magical threat from another world...five years prior. Now a young woman living a normal life with a normal job, living in a city where magical beings have recently become welcome among humans, Faye Brice often reminiscences about her secret magical past. A chance encounter with a butterfly-woman piques her fascination, but will her desire to bring magic back into her life risk her friendships and their secrets—or even the peace she fought for?

...yeah. :3 The second book in the series is already started, with significant first-draft progress made during last month's NaNoWriMo. And I have plans for...let's just say "a few more".

So yes, 'lo and pleasure to meet y'all!

Loco del Lápiz

MGF Member
Hello, Lilith, nice to meet you and welcome to the Magical Girl Forum!

Sooooo, a well-versed Canadian witer eager to bring back the possitivity of the genre by telling stories set in a more mature world... Sounds like the kind of story I'd love to read!
We desperately need more creators like you, IMO.

Hope that you enjoy your stay here, madam!

Phoenix

Founder
Staff member
Welcome, Lily! Another Canadian Precure fan? Yaya! Well, I'm live in Canada and welcome to the forum ?

aiyan

MGF Member
Hello Lilith Fairen! Pleasure to meet you!

WhiteDragonAura

MGF Member
Welcome, Lily. Nice to meet'cha! Really impressed with how well-thought out your book series is going to be. Wish you nothing but success with all of it. ?

aiyan

MGF Member
By the way, if you guys are interested in fantasy fiction stories, try visiting this site. I am not a writer but I made my own Fanfict story out of the Precure. Well, pardon for my English. I am not that very fluent in English language those days. It'll make me happy if you visit my account. I haven't updated my story due to lack of time.
Check this out: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/8554400/

Also, check my friend's account here: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2371634/

Thank you very much!