Vampire Kisses

Mikan

MGF Member
Hey everybody! This is a thread for the book series called Vampire Kisses by. Ellen Schreiber which has 9 books in the series and if anyone is a fan, then we can talk about it together.

Loco del Lápiz

MGF Member
I know there have been comic adaptations of these books in manga style, and they look SO COOL.
The artstyle has this 2000s emo vibe that feels absolutely nostalgic. Apparently the artists change each volume, being the first volumes (Blood Relatives) being drawn by Priscilla Hamby (Rem/Tsulala, one of my favourite artists EVER) and the Graveyard Games with art by the spanish duo known as Xian-Nu Studio (which, you guessed it, are also in my list of favourite manga artists)

OP
OP
Mikan

Mikan

MGF Member
I know there have been comic adaptations of these books in manga style, and they look SO COOL.
The artstyle has this 2000s emo vibe that feels absolutely nostalgic. Apparently the artists change each volume, being the first volumes (Blood Relatives) being drawn by Priscilla Hamby (Rem/Tsulala, one of my favourite artists EVER) and the Graveyard Games with art by the spanish duo known as Xian-Nu Studio (which, you guessed it, are also in my list of favourite manga artists)

Yeah I agree that the artwork in Vampire Kisses Blood Relatives looks amazing and it does have that 2000s vibe to it like you mentioned. I actually read all of volumes and noticed the change in the artwork too, plus it's true that all of the artists who worked on Blood Relatives all did such an excellent job. It would have been nice if Blood Relatives had more than 3 volumes or maybe Ellen Schreiber could turn the Blood Relatives series into a novel series just like the first Vampire Kisses series.