Shamanic Princess

Mikan

MGF Member
This is a thread for a 90s Magical Girl anime series called Shamanic Princess which is a series that only has 6 episodes and if anyone who doesn't know what Shamanic Princess is about, I will tell you.

What is Shamanic Princess about: Shamanic Princess is about a girl named Tiara who has to find a very important object called the Throne of Yord that belongs to the Guardian World, but the Throne of Yord has been taken away by Tiara's lover Kagetsu. So it's up to Tiara to get the Throne of Yord back from Kagetsu and return it back to the Guardian World before it's too late.

That's all I'm going to write since I don't want to spoil anything for the people who haven't seen the series. Anyway if anybody seen Shamanic Princess, what do you think of the series?

WhiteDragonAura

MGF Member
I love Shamanic Princess. Love it so much I bought an OP cel many years ago featuring Lena. I still have it too. :D I remember being introduced to SP's existence through the old CPM previews on a Slayers Next VHS. I'm still annoyed with the episode order, though. It made everything too confusing. ?

OP
OP
Mikan

Mikan

MGF Member
I love Shamanic Princess. Love it so much I bought an OP cel many years ago featuring Lena. I still have it too. :D I remember being introduced to SP's existence through the old CPM previews on a Slayers Next VHS. I'm still annoyed with the episode order, though. It made everything too confusing. ?

That's awesome and yeah I agree that the episode order is confusing. It would have been nice if Shamanic Princess has more episodes since it's a very good series and the character designs are very beautiful too.

WhiteDragonAura

MGF Member
Oh yeah, I think Shamanic Princess could've easily been 12+ episodes. The whole universe is much too rich and vast for just 6 out-of-order episodes. There's way too many questions to explore about the lore and how magic works in the SP world. CLAMP is responsible for the character designs, right?

OP
OP
Mikan

Mikan

MGF Member
Oh yeah, I think Shamanic Princess could've easily been 12+ episodes. The whole universe is much too rich and vast for just 6 out-of-order episodes. There's way too many questions to explore about the lore and how magic works in the SP world. CLAMP is responsible for the character designs, right?

I agree and I think maybe the character designers for some of the CLAMP series are the ones who did the designs for SP.