Mermaid Melody

Loco del Lápiz

MGF Member
I do remember that the anime adaptation (Mermaid Melody: Pichi Pichi Pitch) made it into my country, and was broadcasted on TV like 8 or 9 years ago, and it was quite popular between girls at the time. I didn't payed much attention to it (heck, I'd go so far to say I disliked it... but I wasn't the target audience, so the way I judged it wasn't fair), but I have to admit the designs were cute classic shoujo style at its best, and the songs were quite catchy (even translated in Spanish!).
Also, the idea of idol-like magical mermaids is quite fitting and well-thought.

OP
OP
Mikan

Mikan

MGF Member
I do remember that the anime adaptation (Mermaid Melody: Pichi Pichi Pitch) made it into my country, and was broadcasted on TV like 8 or 9 years ago, and it was quite popular between girls at the time. I didn't payed much attention to it (heck, I'd go so far to say I disliked it... but I wasn't the target audience, so the way I judged it wasn't fair), but I have to admit the designs were cute classic shoujo style at its best, and the songs were quite catchy (even translated in Spanish!).
Also, the idea of idol-like magical mermaids is quite fitting and well-thought.

Oh okay and yeah I agree that the designs for the series are very beautiful. I really like the songs as well and I agree that the mermaid idol theme fits too. I like Mermaid Melody, but there are some things that I like and don't like about the series though. One of the things that I didn't like about Mermaid Melody is that the girls only have singing as a power to fight against their enemies. It would have been nice if they have like water based powers to fight their enemies with too instead just singing. To be honest, I can understand why some people don't like Mermaid Melody and it can be for that reason, plus it's not believable to defeat a villain with just singing.

Last edited:

aiyan

MGF Member
The anime Mermaid Melody aired here in my country somewhat late 2007, but I can't recall the exact year. All I can remember about them is when every time they finished a song, they always have this ending ?statement? or rather a followed phrase "How about an encore." I never had the chance to finish the show. Well I guess I should watch it on internet...perhaps.

A2289-290.jpg

OP
OP
Mikan

Mikan

MGF Member
The anime Mermaid Melody aired here in my country somewhat late 2007, but I can't recall the exact year. All I can remember about them is when every time they finished a song, they always have this ending ?statement? or rather a followed phrase "How about an encore." I never had the chance to finish the show. Well I guess I should watch it on internet...perhaps.

View attachment 81

Oh okay that's awesome and yeah that's true that the Mermaid Princesses always say that phrase every time they finish singing a song. You can actually watch all of the episodes of Mermaid Melody on YouTube, but the episodes are in Japanese.