Do you happen to stick to one anime?

aiyan

MGF Member
There just too many anime concerning and/or relating to magical girls. Most of them aimed primarily at a young female audience. Those anime typically characterized by a focus on personal and romantic relationships. But, surprisingly, they started to attract young male audience as well. But that's not the issue here.

I love anime ever since and my not-so-actually favorite genre are MECHA, MUSIC, YURI (I ain't tellin' ya' which of them are my fav, yo!), SLICE OF LIFE, MAGIC (seldomly), COMEDY, ACTION, ADVENTURE, SHOUJO and SHOUJO-AI. But, I am generally into shoujou genre. Again, this isn't the issue here, too. Sorry for this.

*Ahem!* I know some of us have watch or already watched or seen these anime:
Card Captor Sakura Series
Sailor Moon Series
Saint Tail
Super Doll Licca
Wedding Peach
Love Angel
Mew Mew
Magic Users Club (I just heard about this recently)
Kill la Kill (I don't know this anime yet)
Yuki Yuna (nope! I don't know this), and many more...
and lastly, the Precure Series (my most favorite magical girl anime)

See?... there just too many to watch and you're luckiest one to remember every names of the characters from these anime without being overpowered by the new and incoming magical girl anime.

This what happens to me. Since I was hooked by the Precure show (and I start to imagine that I'm about to become one of them) my brain plays nothing but the Precure songs (unless someone played some familiar songs from the other anime, I start singing along with it)

I love Sailor Moon and one of my favorite character there is Sailor Jupiter or Kino Makoto, with her electrifying attacks "Supreme Thunder" and the "Jupiter Oak Evolution"
*sigh!* Even if I want to join a club, but if it concentrates or circles to a certain anime, it just won't work.

I know, you probably gonna say, "What is your issue?" For me, not able to relate to any discussion from other anime genre makes me feel like I am getting out-of-place, and eventually getting ignored by other members. It maybe a jealousy, but it's not. And so, for me to fit in to the conversation, I have to watch those so I can share my opinions about them.

I hope I don't sound too childish for you guys. ?

I am really happy that this Magical Girl Forum exists. And the credit all goes to our admin ?

Loco del Lápiz

MGF Member
I totally get your point. It is true that sometimes we feel overwhelmed by the ammount of anime produced each year, and only the most popular ones get enough attention for communities to form and discussions to be raised... and sometimes, we can't follow all of them, making us feel lost sometimes.

For example, I don't usually watch/read the most popular shonen anime/manga that most people follow. That makes me feel out-of-place as you say when other anime fans talk about their favourite series or are eager to watch the next season or story arcs.
Also, I tend to watch and read at a reaaaaaaally slow pace. Heck, I sometimes buy complete manga series and I don't start reading the first volume after a year has passed!!

We can feel frustrated by these feelings, but just remember: these works of fiction are entertainment, and so, we must just enjoy them the way we want (as long as we don't harm others in any way, obviously!) and talk about the shows or comics we like (or dislike) with no specific requirements. Entertainment should not be limited by rules!

OP
OP
aiyan

aiyan

MGF Member
I totally get your point. It is true that sometimes we feel overwhelmed by the ammount of anime produced each year, and only the most popular ones get enough attention for communities to form and discussions to be raised... and sometimes, we can't follow all of them, making us feel lost sometimes.

For example, I don't usually watch/read the most popular shonen anime/manga that most people follow. That makes me feel out-of-place as you say when other anime fans talk about their favourite series or are eager to watch the next season or story arcs.
Also, I tend to watch and read at a reaaaaaaally slow pace. Heck, I sometimes buy complete manga series and I don't start reading the first volume after a year has passed!!

We can feel frustrated by these feelings, but just remember: these works of fiction are entertainment, and so, we must just enjoy them the way we want (as long as we don't harm others in any way, obviously!) and talk about the shows or comics we like (or dislike) with no specific requirements. Entertainment should not be limited by rules!

Thank you for understanding Loco del Lápiz. But you know, if I'm this "the others", they would or might say "Then don't! Don't force yourself on others if you just want them to notice you or to get their attention" or just a simply "buzz off" or "If you don't know anything about this, then you don't fit here!" ????
Well that's all in my head. Not everyone are like that.
It does feel frustrated. Just like you said, fiction like the anime were all made for entertainment, as long as we enjoy watching them.

Loco del Lápiz

MGF Member
You can always try to gather information about what "the others" like, so that you can understand the basics in order to follow the conversation. I'm no expert in anything, but I always try to give my opinion if I understand the topic at hand.
Heck, I know very few Magical Girl stories, and here I am, enjoying these talks with you!

Also, try to find some way to talk about what YOU like. Your opinion can influence others, so that they discover what you enjoy, and thus make an opinion out of it.

Mikan

MGF Member
The anime series that I would mostly watch are Shoujo and Josei anime since I love to watch anime series that have a lot of romance in it along with a very interesting storyline.

Last edited: